News & Events
Stay current with the latest Div. 1 news and the calendar of upcoming events.
Congratulations to the Society for General Psychology's 2017 Award Winners:
Robert J. Vallerand, PhD, winner of the William James Book Award for "The Psychology of Passion: A Dualistic Model" (Oxford University Press, 2015).
Stephanie Shields, PhD, Pennsylvania State University, winner of the Ernest R. Hilgard Award for Career Contributions to General Psychology.
David Lubinski, PhD, Vanderbilt University, and Lisa Rosentahl, PhD, Stony Brook University, winners of the 2017 George A. Miller Award for an Outstanding Recent Article on General Psychology:
- Lubinski, D. (2016) From Terman to today: A century of findings on intellectual precocity. Review of Educational Research 86, 900-944.
- Rosentahl, L. (2016). Incorporating intersectionality into psychology: An opportunity to promote social justice and equity. American Psychologist, 71, 474-485.
Anne Anastasi Graduate Student Awards
- Under Two Years Graduate School: Joseph J. Avery, Princeton University. Mentor: Susan Sugarman, PhD
- Two or More Years Graduate School: Jessica Schleider, Harvard University. Mentor: John Weisz, PhD
Raymond Corsini Student Poster Award
- Lauren K. Harrison, Matthew R. Moonier, and Kanako Taku, PhD, Oakland University
Project Title: A cross-cultural study of narcissism and post-traumatic growth
- 126th APA Annual Convention
Aug. 9-12, 2018
Call for Papers
2018 Div. 1 Theme: New Ways to Think about General Psychology
Div. 1 (Society for General Psychology) seeks 2018 Convention proposals that provide new perspectives on how psychology's work within psychiatric institutions, legal systems, teaching and research has been shaped by alliances with medicine, criminology, anthropology and other disciplines, including the humanities. We are interested in symposia, conversation hours, skill-building sessions and poster submissions that explore such alliances. Paper proposals addressing these issues will be considered.
We also seek cross-divisional projects related to this theme and would be happy to assist you in development of symposia, conversation hours and APA's Collaborative Programs. If you are interested in submitting a cross-divisional proposal for APA's Collaborate Program, please contact Emily Dow or Phyllis Wentworth, 2018 program chairs, no later than Wed. Sept. 20, 2017.
- APA Collaborative Program: Contact program chairs by Sept. 20, 2017
- Convention Divisional Program: Submissions due by 5:00 p.m. EST on Dec. 1, 2017
Please send questions or inquiries to Emily Dow and Phyllis Wentworth.