In this issue
Div. 1 mission statement and goals
The Society for General Psychology (APA Div. 1) is concerned with creating coherence among psychology's diverse specialties by encouraging members to incorporate multiple perspectives from psychology's subdisciplines into their research, theory and practice. Div. 1 welcomes membership from academics, scientists, practitioners, psychologists whose main concern is the public interest and students of psychology.
The goals of the Society for General Psychology (APA Div. 1) are to:
- Promote awareness of general psychology as an integrative approach to the field of psychology.
- Advocate for connection and coherence among psychology's diverse specialties.
- Provide opportunities for integration of multiple perspectives in education, research, practice and psychology in the public interest.
- Recognize excellence in general psychology and in the integration of multiple perspectives.
- Provide networking opportunities to support integrative activity for psychological scientists, practitioners, educators, theorists, historians, public policy advocates and students of psychology.
- Support the development of the next generation of general psychologists.
- Collaborate and cooperate with other APA divisions to develop programs and projects designed to integrate multiple concepts, perspectives and theories.