The General Psychologist
A newsletter of Division One
October 2013 | Vol. 48, No. 2
Featured ArticleMarssa A. Harrison, Jennifer E. Zobler, MA, Gina M. Brelsford, PhD, and Melanie S. Koser, BA
In This Issue
- Spotlight from the 2013 APA Convention: Anne Anastasi Graduate Student Poster Award winner
This year’s student poster examined the effects of temporal pressure on recognition of emotional pictures.
By Audrey Martinez, MA, Seda Terzyan, MA, Angelyna Hinkle, MA, David Rosenblatt, MA, and Paul Haerich, PhD
- "Ma vie en graduate school": Advice for future students and for student futures
Aspiring graduate students are advised become active in campus life, especially within their academic programs.
By Lavina Y. Ho
- Greetings from the AP® Psychology Reading
The rewards and benefits of becoming an AP Reader are discussed.
By Elizabeth Yost Hammer, PhD
- The Human Spark: The Science of Human Development (Book Review)
Jerome Kagan’s book questions popular conventions developmental psychology, such as the notion that past behavior in one setting is a good predictor of future behavior in a different setting.
- The Myth of Race (Book Review)
This book looks at the lack of biological evidence for race, as well as the manifestations and impact of the concept of race in a changing culture.
The General Psychologist: October 2013 (PDF, 1.2MB)