The General Psychologist
A newsletter of Division One
April 2015 |Vol. 49, No. 2 Download Issue (PDF, 2.4MB)
In This Issue
- Greetings from President Joan C. Chrisler, PhD
Join Div. 1 in celebrating its 70th anniversary at the division's social hour at the 2015 APA convention in Toronto.
By Joan C. Chrisler, PhD
- Div. 1 mission statement and goals
The mission statement and goals for the Society for General Psychology were approved in March 2015.
- Div. 1 student corner
Join the Div. 1 student listserv through the APA Listserv portal.
By Emily Dow
- Edward C. Tolman: Eminent learning theorist and outspoken supporter of academic freedom
Unlike prominent theorists of his era, Tolman extended learning beyond simple stimulus-response towards contextual related connections.
By John D. Hogan, PhD, and Nate Frishberg
- Internationalizing the psychology curriculum
Mentoring student research to study strategies that promote international content and perspectives within the discipline of psychology.
By Richard Velayo, PhD, Sarika Persaud, Lucio Forti, Wallis Back, Ranya Marjieh, Michael Trush, and Suchun Dong
- Review of “Sitting Together: Essential Skills for Mindfulness-Based Psychotherapy” written by Susan M. Pollak, Thomas Pedulla and Ronald D. Siegel.
The authors draw on their expertise treating patients and historical research to detail a gradual process of utilizing mindfulness-based therapy.
By Alicia M. Trotman, PhD