The School Psychologist
A newsletter of Division 16
July 2013 | Vol. 67, No. 3
- Supporting the school success of children from military families: The role of school psychologists
The challenges faced by military families, and the ways in which school psychologists can help, are discussed.
By Pamela Fenning, Abigail Harris, and Lindsay Viellieu
- Stand up or stay out of it: How do parents teach their children to respond in bullying situations?
This study discusses the importance of increasing home and school collaboration in anti-bullying efforts.
By Courtney S. Banks, Amanda K. Joslin, and Jamilia J. Blake
- Optimizing your APA conference experience as an early career professional: More than presentations
Early career professionals should take advantage of both social and professional development opportunities at convention.
By Bryn Harris and Amanda L. Sullivan
- Lessons learned from the State Leadership Conference: Engaging the media
Tips for promoting school psychology in the media included being the “loudest voice."
By Amanda Clinton
- Division overview: Convention program
This year, Div. 16 will feature a versatile exchange of research-informed and practical professional development.
By Shannon Suldo