The School Psychologist
A newsletter of Division 16
July 2013 |Vol. 67, No. 3 Download Issue (PDF, 6.2MB)
Feature ArticleVincent C. Alfonso
The president reflects on the role of school psychologists in the wake of recent natural disasters and tragedies and the importance of psychologists' self-care.
- Supporting the school success of children from military families: The role of school psychologists
The challenges faced by military families, and the ways in which school psychologists can help, are discussed.
By Pamela Fenning, Abigail Harris, and Lindsay Viellieu
- Stand up or stay out of it: How do parents teach their children to respond in bullying situations?
This study discusses the importance of increasing home and school collaboration in anti-bullying efforts.
By Courtney S. Banks, Amanda K. Joslin, and Jamilia J. Blake
- Optimizing your APA conference experience as an early career professional: More than presentations
Early career professionals should take advantage of both social and professional development opportunities at convention.
By Bryn Harris and Amanda L. Sullivan
- Lessons learned from the State Leadership Conference: Engaging the media
Tips for promoting school psychology in the media included being the “loudest voice."
By Amanda Clinton
- Division overview: Convention program
This year, Div. 16 will feature a versatile exchange of research-informed and practical professional development.
By Shannon Suldo