March 2013 | Vol. 1, No. 1
In this issue
- Message from the chair
The role of mental health in criminal justice has been emphasized by recent tragedies.
By Femina P. Varghese, PhD
- Student representative’s corner
Expanding opportunities for student involvement in section activities.
By Nicole R. Gross
- Criminal Justice Section member spotlight
In-depth profile and interview of an accomplished section member.
By Jeffrey J. Haun, PsyD
- Division 18 Criminal Justice Section awards
Two section award winners are profiled.
By Lauren Lussier, PsyD
- Early career advice corner
Teaching, research and service: achieving balance as an early career academic.
By Sarah Manchak, PhD, and Jon Mandracchia, PhD
- Highlights of Division 18 Criminal Justice Section
A recent survey on the transition from student to early career and a list of publications by section members.
- How improving the public mental health system can help to prevent mass homicide
The role of public mental health policy in preventing violent crime.
By Joel Dvoskin, PhD, ABPP
- Anxiety Disorders and Depression Conference
April 4-7 in La Jolla, California
- NCCHC Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care
April 20-23 in Denver, Colorado
- Collaborative Perspectives on Addictions Conference
May 3-4 in Atlanta, Georgia
- 32nd Annual Training Conference and Jail Expo
May 5-9 in Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 10th International Conference on Bipolar Disorder
June 13-16 in Miami Beach, Florida
- International Conference of Forensic Mental Health Services
June 19-21 in the Netherlands
- 2013 American Psychological Association Conference
July 31-August 1 in Honolulu