March 2014 |Vol. 2, No. 1 Download Issue (PDF, 476KB)
Feature ArticleAmanda L. Maybaum, MA
We take a closer look into the world of technological abuse with futuristic suggestions.
In this issue
- Message from the chair
Criminal Justice Section Chair of Division 18 introduces this issue of the Gavel.
By Sheila Brandt, PsyD
- Criminal Justice Section member spotlight: Dr. Abigail Tucker
Dynamic Div. 18 secretary/treasurer and longtime member shares her experiences in this issue's member spotlight.
By Jeffrey J. Haun, PsyD
- On being an imposter
Don't let self-doubt get in the way of your success.
By Sarah Miller, PhD
- Division 18 Criminal Justice Section awards
We introduce the winners of the four Criminal Justice Section awards.
By Tess M.S. Neal, PhD
- Graduate student awards – Opportunities for recognition
Several awards are available to students for early recognition of achievement.
By Nicole R. Gross
- Psychology and the National Institute of Justice
This article discusses potential opportunities for public service psychologists at the National Institute of Justice.
By Alix M. McLearen, PhD
- Re-entry pioneers in psychology: “Six Weeks with the Girls” The Life and Times of Eleanor Rowland
A look at the pioneer who founded the history of clinical psychology in corrections.
By Ashley Nicole Miller, Tracy Joseph, PhD, and Philip R. Magaletta