Adult Development & Aging News
A publication of Division 20
October 2015 Download Issue (PDF, 180KB)
- Exploring opportunities beyond graduate school: APA divisions, networking, workshops and skill development
Student representative Nelson Roque provides tips to fellow students on how to explore opportunities beyond research and classes in their graduate program.
By Nelson Roque
In this issue
- Div. 20 announces award winners
Congratulations to the 2015 award recipients.
By Jane Berry and Karen Kopera-Frye
- Council of Representatives report
Summary of the APA Council of Representatives August 2015 meeting.
By K. Warner Schaie, PhD, ABPP, and Patricia A. Parmelee, PhD
- Fellows Committee report
Introduction of new fellows and information on the process of applying to become a fellow.
By JoNell Strough
- Teaching tips
Media multitasking — studying in the digital age.
By Michael C. Patterson
- Winner of the APA Div. 20 Student Poster Award
Featuring student member Christina Pierpaoli, winner of the 2015 Div. 20 Student Poster Award.
By Walter Boot
- APA presidential candidates comment on adult development and aging
Hear from the APA presidential candidates on their involvement in Div. 20, their professional interests and platform for the presidential year.
By Sharon Bowman, Todd Finnerty, PsyD, and Antonio E. Puente, PhD
- Program Committee report
Recap of Div. 20 programming at the 2015 convention.
By Walter Boot