Adult Development & Aging News
A publication of Division 20
October 2016 Download Issue (PDF, 164KB)
In This Issue
- Facilitating quality contact between young and older adults through the classroom
The author suggests ways to reduce ageist attitudes by having younger adults interact with older adults.
By Gilda Ennis, PhD
- APA presidential candidates address Div. 20
Kurt F. Geisinger, PhD, and Ali M. Mattu, PhD, answer questions about issues relevant to Div. 20 members.
By Kurt F. Geisinger, PhD, and Ali M. Mattu, PhD
- Genealogy tree
How to create your academic genealogy.
By David Chiriboga, PhD
- Div. 20 program committee report
Program co-chairs report on events at the 2016 APA Annual Convention events.
By Katherine Judge, PhD, and Walter Boot
- Council of Representatives report
Div. 20's APA Council representatives' report on the August 2016 meeting.
By Patricia A. Parmelee, PhD, and K. Warner Schaie, PhD, ABPP
- Fellows report
New fellows are announced as well as how to apply for fellow status.
By Alan Stevens
- Elections Committee report
The results of the recent Div. 20 election are announced.
By Julie Hicks Patrick, PhD
- Awards Committee report
Winners of division awards at APA 2016 are announced.
By Karen Kopera-Frye
- Ethical considerations for researchers working with older adults
Keeping these ethical issues in mind when working with older adults is important.
By Neika Sharifian, MS
- Winner of the 2016 Div. 20 Student Poster Award
Student member Jennifer Bellingtier's work is featured.
By Walter Boot