Psychopharmacology and Substance Abuse Newsletter
A newsletter of Division 28
In this Issue
- 2013 Convention update
This year's convention program will include research in behavioral economics, technology, drug use vulnerability and mental health.
By Kathryn Saulsgiver
- 2013 Div. 28 award winners
Meet the three 2013 winners of Div. 28 awards.
- 2013 Visionary Grants and Program Innovation Grant announcement
Apply for these grants that support innovative research, education and preventive efforts that advance psychological knowledge and application.
- Advocacy update
NIDA and NIAAA stay independent structure-wise, neuroscience initiative by White House, and APA advocacy training and congressional visits highlight research on primates.
By V. Vatsalya and Veronica Schmidt, BS
- Becoming a member of Div. 28
Learn about the benefits of membership.
- The Rise of Women in Psychology?
Despite earning most of the psychology PhDs, women face unique challenges that may hinder their success in academia.
By Adriana Falco, PhD and Diann Gaalema, PhD
- Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology
Article topics include the effects of exercise on cocaine self-administration, the effect of alcohol on impulsivity and abuse liability and the relationship between alcohol consumption and the urge to smoke among women.
- New NIH resources promote standardization of study outcome measures
Relying on these new tools can help to increase the speed of scientific advances.
By Kelly Dunn
- Statements from member-at-large candidates
Meet the member-at-large candidates running in the 2013 division election.
- Statements from presidential candidates
Meet the presidential candidates running in the 2013 division election.
- Postdoctoral fellowships: what you should know while you're still in graduate school
Tips and tricks for graduate students seeking postdoctoral fellowships.
By Alexa Lopez
- Student award deadlines
Fund your convention travel or research project.
- Training and employment announcements
Learn about postdoctoral research fellowships and employment opportunities in the field of substance abuse and pharmacology.
- Upcoming Important Deadlines
Final dates are approaching to submit materials for a variety of APA and division awards.