Call for Nominations for APA Fellows
By Stephen J. Heishman, PhD
The Executive Committee of Div. 28 seeks nominations for fellow status in APA. Any APA and Div. 28 member who has made outstanding contributions to psychopharmacology or substance abuse is eligible. Below is a list of eligibility criteria that APA and our division use when considering nominees. These are minimum standards under the APA Bylaws, so one must meet all criteria:
- Receipt of a doctoral degree based in part on a psychological dissertation or from a program primarily psychological in nature.
- Membership in APA for at least one year and a current member of Div. 28.
- Active engagement at the time of nomination in the advancement of psychology in any of its aspects.
- Five years of acceptable professional experience subsequent to the granting of the doctoral degree.
- Evidence of unusual and outstanding contribution or performance in the field of psychopharmacology or substance abuse.
The nominee should be on a focused career path, with typically at least 30 publications and independent grant funding.
If you wish to nominate someone or yourself for APA Fellow, please send me the person's name, email address, CV, and a brief statement (no longer than one page) discussing the person's outstanding contributions to the field.
If you have questions concerning criteria or the steps involved in the nomination process, don't hesitate to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.
Stephen J. Heishman, Ph.D
National Institute on Drug Abuse
251 Bayview Blvd., Suite 200
Baltimore, MD 21224