Psychopharmacology and Substance Abuse Newsletter
A newsletter of Division 28
In this Issue
- 2013 Convention update
This year's convention program will include research in behavioral economics, technology, drug use vulnerability and mental health.
By Kathryn Saulsgiver
- 2013 Div. 28 award winners
Meet the three 2013 winners of Div. 28 awards.
- 2013 Visionary Grants and Program Innovation Grant announcement
Apply for these grants that support innovative research, education and preventive efforts that advance psychological knowledge and application.
- Advocacy update
NIDA and NIAAA stay independent structure-wise, neuroscience initiative by White House, and APA advocacy training and congressional visits highlight research on primates.
By V. Vatsalya and Veronica Schmidt
- Becoming a member of Div. 28
Learn about the benefits of membership.
- The Rise of Women in Psychology?
Despite earning most of the psychology PhDs, women face unique challenges that may hinder their success in academia.
By Adriana Falco and Diann Gaalema
- Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology
Article topics include the effects of exercise on cocaine self-administration, the effect of alcohol on impulsivity and abuse liability and the relationship between alcohol consumption and the urge to smoke among women.
- New NIH resources promote standardization of study outcome measures
Relying on these new tools can help to increase the speed of scientific advances.
By Kelly Dunn
- Statements from member-at-large candidates
Meet the member-at-large candidates running in the 2013 division election.
- Statements from presidential candidates
Meet the presidential candidates running in the 2013 division election.
- Postdoctoral fellowships: what you should know while you're still in graduate school
Tips and tricks for graduate students seeking postdoctoral fellowships.
By Alexa Lopez
- Student award deadlines
Fund your convention travel or research project.
- Training and employment announcements
Learn about postdoctoral research fellowships and employment opportunities in the field of substance abuse and pharmacology.
- Upcoming Important Deadlines
Final dates are approaching to submit materials for a variety of APA and division awards.