There are numerous benefits to joining the society.
- You can join the society without joining APA, thus saving money if you do not wish to be an APA member. Note that only APA members may vote. Here is a breakdown of fees:
• APA Members, Fellows, Associates, & Affiliates: $40.
• First Year Membership for APA, AHP, ADPCA, WAPCEPC, BAPCA: $32.
• Student Affiliates (online & hard copy of journal): $25.
• Student Affiliates (online journal access only):$15.
• International Affiliates (online journal access only): $15.
You will receive the our quarterly journal, the Humanistic Psychologist®, which is an excellent means to stay abreast of new developments in the theory, research and practice of humanistic psychology and psychotherapy.
- You can participate in the Division 32 Listserv® which will afford you the opportunity to converse with other society members, many of whom have made substantial contributions to humanistic psychology.
- You will receive our newsletter, which will keep you informed about what is going on in the society.
- You will become acquainted with some of the most accomplished psychologists and therapists on the North American continent. Opportunities for mentorship relations are available for graduate students and early career professionals.
- You will have the opportunity to develop and maintain life-long friendships with people who share your interests and values. Moreover, the conversations that you have with society members will expand your view of psychology and its practices and thinking.
- You will meet accomplished authors who have made major contributions to the field of humanistic psychology and psychotherapy. Many are currently writing books, editing journals and writing journal articles. Some of these authors will mentor you through the process of writing for publication.
- You will have the opportunity to be mentored into board positions should you wish to become more actively involved. As a member of the board, you will have the opportunity to serve the socieity and help it grow and evolve.
- You will have an opportunity to contribute to the advancement of humanistic psychology and effect change in APA by engaging with members of other divisions and APA governance.