Areas of professional focus for this award are broadly defined, which include but are not limited to community engagement, leadership, clinical work, research, and mentoring. For 2015, we are excited to announce the award’s focus on recognizing a mid-career (10-20 years post-degree) psychologist’s contribution in at least one of the areas above. At the APA convention, the recipient of this award will receive $250 honorarium, as well as a mentorship lunch/dinner with the current president and a distinguished Asian Pacific feminist mentor. The award winner will also submit an article about a related topic to Section 5’s newsletter. The mentor for the year will also be presented with a certificate of appreciation for being a role model who exemplifies the values, mission and philosophy of Section 5.
The award will be presented at the APA Annual Convention.
Nominations, including self-nominations, are welcome.
For the Clinical/Service Contribution Award, the applicant must:
- Be current members of APA Div. 35 and Section 5. Non-members are welcome to apply and agree to become member of Div. 35 and Section 5 once selected to be the award recipient. Membership to Div. 35 is free. See membership information and application.
- Be a mid-career (10-20 years post degree) psychologist
- Be able demonstrate clinical/community services to enhance the well-being of APIA communities, especially APIA women.
Please submit the following:
- A nomination letter that describes nominee’s contributions as a feminist psychologist serving the APIA communities.
- A one-page statement highlighting the nominee’s clinical/community services contributions to APIA women.
- A letter of support/recommendation from a professional who is familiar with the applicant’s work
- The applicant/nominee's curriculum vitae
Applications that fail to meet the guidelines described will not be reviewed.
Interested applicants should email completed applications to Phi Loan Le at or Leilani S. Crane.
Linh Luu, PhD (Mentor)
Khanh T. Dinh, PhD (Pioneer)
Yuxin Sun (Recipient)
Khanh Dinh, PhD (Mentor)
Yuying Tsong, PhD (Pioneer)
Jessica Liu (Recipient)
Susana Lowe, PhD (Mentor)
Diane Hayashino, PhD (Pioneer)
Fanny Ng (Recipient)
Asuncion Miteria Austria, PhD (Mentor)
Phi Loan Le, PsyD (Pioneer)
Linh Luu (Recipient)
Reiko Homma-True, PhD (Mentor)
Christine J. Yeh, PhD (Recipient)
Jennifer Chain (Recipient)
Jean Lau Chin, PhD (Mentor)
Debra Kawahara, PhD (Recipient)