Society for the Psychology of Religion and Spirituality Newsletter
A newsletter of Division 36
Student Award winners
- 2015 Div. 36 Student Research and Poster Award winners
Graduate students who won awards for research proposals and posters presented at the APA convention.
2015 Div. 36 Student Research Award Winners' Proposals
- Recovering balance after the big leap: Validating research on overcoming challenges in integrative spiritually transformative experiences
Which practices, habits and behaviors assist people in integrating spiritually transformative experiences?
By Marie Grace Brook
- Love thy neighbor as thyself (and as thy in-group): Examining the effects of moral intuitions and intercessory prayer on generous behavior
This research proposal focuses on the way in which moral institutions and the discipline of prayer interact.
By Tyler Greenway and Abigail Shepherd Beyenberg
- As he says or as he does?: The impact of punishing God-concepts on revenge behavior
Researchers predict that the most revenge will come from participants primed with vengeful God-concepts.
By Kristen Hull
- Multiple imagined interactions between Christians and atheists
A new technique called imagined interactions may help social groups reduce separation and discrimination without actually meeting.
By Angelina Iannazzi
- Patients' experience of spirituality and change in individual psychotherapy at a Christian counseling clinic: A grounded theory analysis
How can the mechanics of spirituality reduce psychological symptoms and increase overall wellness for psychotherapy patients?
By Elena Kim
- Conceptions of death and emotional arousal among the religiously nonaffiliated
This study will examine if differences in conceptions of death relate to emotional arousal for people with different levels of adherence to religious traditions.
By Anondah Saide