A newsletter of Division 37
October 2014 Download Issue (PDF, 848KB)
Feature ArticleSharon G. Portwood, JD, PhD
Psychologists with expertise in child and family violence can serve as advocates for children by educating the general public and parents on child maltreatment and positive parenting.
Section President's Column
Member at-large: Task forces and diversity column
Member-at-large: Advocacy coordinator column
In this issue
- Update on the IOM Forum on Promoting Children's Cognitive, Affective and Behavioral Health (C-CAB)
By Mary Ann McCabe, PhD
- Report from the APA Council of Representatives meeting, August, 2014
Updates from the latest Council of Representative meeting.
By Sandra J. Bishop-Josef, PhD
- Div. 54 APA convention board of directors meeting minutes
Abridged meeting minutes from Aug. 7, 2014 meeting at APA convention in Washington, D.C.
By Amy Damashek
- Diane J. Willis Early Career Award winner: Paula Fite, PhD
Fite's research focuses on the influence of individual factors, social relationships and environmental factors on the developmental progression of child and adolescent problem behavior.
By Paula Fite, PhD
- Div. 37 Dissertation Award winner: Jonathan Martinez, PhD
Psychoeducation and parent engagement in mental health services for youth.
By Jonathan Martinez, PhD
- Student Poster Award winners
The 2014 Student Poster Award winners are Linda McWhorter, Casey Dillon, Elena Doskey and Christina Danko.