Publications and Resources Corner
Section Members' Recent Projects and Publications
To share your blog posts, newsletters, reports, journal articles, books or other publications or resources that might be of interest to our members, please email Barbara.
Journal article, book, report references:
- Cromer, K. D., & Villodas, M. T. (2017). Post-traumatic stress as a pathway to psychopathology among adolescents at high-risk for victimization. Child Abuse and Neglect, 67, 182-192. DOI: 10.1016/j.chiabu.2017.02.025
- Goldfarb, D., Goodman, G. S., Larson, R. P., Gonzalez, A., & Eisen, M. L. (in press). Putting children's memory and suggestibility in their place: An analysis considering person, topic and context. In. H. Otgaar & M. L. Howe (Eds.), Can we know what's the truth in the courtroom? Problems with deception, lies, and false memories. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Goodman, G. (2017, March 1). Why positive parenting trumps physical punishment when it comes to disciplining kids [Blog post]. Retrieved from http://psychologybenefits.org/2017/03/01/positive-parenting-physical-punishment-disciplining-kids/.
- Goodman, G. S., Jones, O., & McLeod, C. (2017). Is there consensus about children's memory and suggestibility? Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 32, 926-939.
- Miller-Perrin, C., & Perrin, R. (in press). Changing attitudes about spanking among Conservative Christians using interventions that focus on empirical research evidence and alternative biblical interpretations. Child Abuse & Neglect.
- Miller-Perrin, C., & Wurtele, S. K. (2017). Sex trafficking and the commercial sexual exploitation of children. Women and Therapy, 40 , 123-151.
- Miller-Perrin, C., & Wurtele, S. K.. (2017). Primary Prevention of Childhood Sexual Abuse. In R. Alexander (Ed.), Prevention of child maltreatment. St. Louis, MO: STM Learning, Inc.
- Moses, J. O., & Villodas, M. T. (2017). The potential protective role of peer relationships on school engagement in at-risk adolescents. Journal of Youth and Adolescence. DOI 10.1007/s10964-017-0644-1.
- Pecora, P. J. (2017). Evidence-based and promising interventions for preventing child fatalities and sever child injuries related to child maltreatment. Available at: https://www.upbring.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evidence_based_and_Promising_042617.pdf.
- Perrin, R., Miller-Perrin, C., & Song, J. (2017). Changing attitudes about spanking using alternative biblical interpretations. International Journal of Behavioral Development , 1-9, DOI: 10.1177/0165025416673295.
- Saywitz, K. J., Lyon, T., & Goodman, G. S. (in press). When interviewing children: A review and update. In J. Conte & B. Klika (Eds.), APSAC handbook on child maltreatment . Newbury Park, CA: Sage.
- Villodas, M. T., Cromer, K. D., Moses, J. O., Litrownik, A. J., Newton, R. R., & Davis, I. P. (2016). Unstable child welfare permanent placements and early adolescent physical and mental health: The roles of adverse childhood experiences and post-traumatic stress. Child Abuse and Neglect, 62, 76-88. DOI: 10.1016/j.chiabu.2016.10.014.
- Wardecker, B. M., Edelstein, R. S., Quas, J. A., Cordon, I. M., & Goodman, G. S. (in press). Emotion language in trauma narratives is associated with better psychological adjustment among survivors of childhood sexual abuse. Journal of Language and Social Psychology.
Fact sheets, briefs, webpages and other resources
- The Casey Family Programs Research Services Team has co-authored a new research brief, please feel free to share with your networks:
- Roberts, Y. H., Killos, L. F., O'Brien, K., & Pecora, P. J. (2017). Strategies to promote research use in child welfare.
- The National Center on the Sexual Behavior of Youth has partnered with the National Children's Alliance to develop free resources to assist clinicians, advocates and families respond to problematic sexual behavior (PSB) in children. Three downloadable facts sheets are available on the PSB webpage:
- Where We Begin
- What We Can Do
- What Happens Now
A webinar and many other materials are also available for families and professionals.