In this issue
2013 APA Distinguished Professional Practice and Student Award Nominations
Please consider nominating a Division 39 colleague, student, or yourself for the following:
- APA Award for Distinguished Professional Contributions to Applied Research
- APA Award for Distinguished Professional Contributions to Independent Practice
- APA Award for Distinguished Professional Contributions to Institutional Practice
- APA/APAGS Award for Distinguished Graduate Student in Professional Psychology
The APA Distinguished Professional Practice and Student Awards are awarded each year by APA and the recipients receive an honorarium of $1,000; the opportunity to present an invited address at APA's Annual Convention (2013 in Honolulu, HI); a waiver of convention registration fees; and reimbursement of up to $1,500 in expenses related to attendance at the convention. Deadline: June 1, 2012
For questions, please contact Sheila Kerr at (202) 336-5878.
Do You Know?As a Division 39 member you are eligible to receive the following publications and services:
- Our journal, Psychoanalytic Psychology, published quarterly, edited by Elliot Jurist at Elliot Juris
- Our review, DIVISION/Review, published quarterly, edited by David Lichtenstein at David Lichtenstein
- Our newsletter, InSight, published monthly, edited by Greenberg at Tamara McClintock
- Our listserv, with periodic announcements of APA and Division activities, news, updates, and so on, maintained by our administrator, at Ruth Helein
- Our website, division39.org, with records and reports of division, section, and local chapter activities, and much more, edited by Barry Cohen.
- PsycScan: Psychoanalysis, a compendium of abstracts of major psychoanalytic journals published quarterly.
- From the President, a monthly blog from Bill MacGillivray.
- Our print and email publications are also available on our website.
So you are not receiving these publications or services? Please contact our administrator, Ruth Helein to update postal information, add you to our e-mail lists and so on. You may also contact one of the editors directly for further questions. You may also comment on our publication services by contacting Henry Seiden, Chair of the Publication Committee.
And there's more:
- Members may subscribe to PEP-Web, a service offering every major psychoanalytic publication and a wide array of psychoanalytic books, for a yearly fee of $60.00. Contact Ruth Helein to subscribe.
- Members may subscribe to International Psycho-Analytic Association Journal and Psychoanalytic Dialogues at reduced rates. See our website for subscription information.
William A. MacGillivray, PhD, ABPP
Division 39 President
Henry M. Seiden, PhD
Chair, Publications Committee