The Family Psychologist
Div. 43 Board
- Div. 43 Board
The Family Psychologist editors are grateful to the Div. 43 board for their continued support.
Vice President for Practice
Vice President for Education
- Challenges in postdoctoral training in couples and family psychology
Training at the postdoctoral level poses several difficulties within the larger field of psychology.
By Danielle A. Black, PhD, and Anthony L. Chambers, PhD, ABPP
Vice President for Science
- Couple and family research at the 2018 APA convention
Continuing efforts to advance research funding for couple and family psychology.
By Steven L. Sayers, PhD
- What are most couples really seeking from a couple and family psychologist?
Real world issues in couple therapy.
By Terrence Patterson, EdD
- Making the most of convention attendance as a student
The APA convention is an invaluable opportunity for students to network.
By Sam Rennebohm, MDiv, MS
- Book review of Why Gender Matters
This book asks: How much of any one child's gender expression needs to be accepted and nurtured, and when, if ever, should parents try to shift children towards culturally valued norms? Spoiler alert: in reading "expert" advice, be wary of cherry picked data.
By Aaron Cohen, PhD
- Citizen psychologist opportunity and other resources
Opportunities and announcements for Div. 43 members.
By Linda Berg-Cross, PhD
- Div. 43 program for APA 2018 convention
The full schedule of events for Div. 43 at APA's 2018 Annual Convention.
- Become a family psychology fellow
Take just one hour to gain a lifetime of recognition.