Consensual Non-monogamy Task Force
Consensual Non-monogamy Task Force contacts:
Disability Issues Task Force
Disability Issues Task Force contacts:
Religion and Spirituality Task Force
The Task Force on Religion and Spirituality was created to encourage a confluence between sexual minority orientations and identities and religious experiences. It further attempts to create affirmation and acceptance for LGBT individuals of faith within theologically diverse ideological traditions. Given the importance of faith and even religious tradition in the lives of many LGBT individuals, the Committee seeks to reduce theological barriers often separating sexual minorities from the sources of their beliefs.
The task force seeks to accomplish its objectives by:
- Creating professional and public dialogues between various religious and sexual minority constituencies.
- Preparing materials for dissemination to faith-based groups and organizations that present a religiously affirming LGBT perspective.
- Encouraging the presentation of research that addresses the interface between religion and sexual orientations and identities.
- Advocating for the inclusion of curricular standards within training programs that address the psychology of religion, as well as working with LGBT populations within these frameworks.
- Developing affirming religious resources for therapists to use with sexual minority clients and families.
- Framing public policy initiatives that affirm both religion and the lives of LGBT individuals.
Religion and Spirituality Task Force contacts:Erin Deneke