Division 44 Newsletter
A newsletter of Division 44
Feature articleMichael L Hendricks, PhD, ABPP
The Div. 44 president describes changes behind the scenes, and on display, in the division.
Task force reports
- Report from the APA Task Force on Psychological Practice Guidelines with Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Clients
Psychological practice guidelines are one step closer to being adopted.
By Anneliese A. Singh, PhD, and lore m. dickey, PhD
- Health Initiatives Task Force
New efforts are afoot to address LGBT health disparities.
By Edward J. Callahan, PhD, and Linda Travis, PhD
In this issue
- Div. 44 Council of Representatives report
New actions affecting our profession and reorganizational efforts in governance are reported.
By Eduardo S. Morales, PhD
- Member profile: Meet Michael Ranney
Get to know Div. 44 member Michael Ranney, fund-raiser turned association manager.
By Allie Laurie
- Recent and ongoing activities of the Education and Training Committee
Div. 44's Education and Training Committee reports on continuing education developments and offerings, such as webinars.
By Maryka Biaggio, PhD, and Joe Micucci, PhD, ABPP
- Update on Div. 44 journal, Psychology of Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity
Div. 44's journal is off to a healthy start.
By John Gonsiorek, PhD, ABPP
- Reflections from past Div. 44 newsletters
Excerpts from past newsletters include a note from Evelyn Hooker to Div. 44; the passing of division president Alan Malyon, PhD; and the addition of “transgender” to our division name.
By Doug Kimmel, PhD
- 2015 National Multicultural Conference and Summit news
Div. 44 prepares to include LGBTQA work to NMCS 2015.
By Vic Muñoz