About Div. 5
Div. 5 (Quantitative and Qualitative Methods) draws together specialists in the areas of evaluation, measurement, assessment and statistics. Our membership of approximately 2,000 includes specialists in the fields of educational psychology, psychometrics, industrial-organizational psychology, and individual assessment. The disciplinary affiliation of division membership reaches well beyond psychology, includes both members and nonmembers of APA, and welcomes graduate students.
Div. 5 members share these goals:
- To promote research and the exchange of scientific information in the fields encompassed by Div. 5.
- To promote high standards in both research and practical application in these fields.
- To interact professionally with other individuals and groups involved in the application of and interpretation of results from psychological measurement, statistics, individual assessments and program evaluations.
About Qualitative Psychology
The Society for Qualitative Inquiry in Psychology is a newly formed section of Div. 5 of the American Psychological Association. We are a society that promotes qualitative research and aims to:
- Serve as a forum for enriching and reflecting on forms of qualitative study in psychology.
- Provide researchers and practitioners opportunities to share developments across a wide array of endeavors.
- Stimulate deliberation on the methodological , theoretical, and philosophic status of such forms of inquiry.
- Stimulate innovations in qualitative inquiry.
- Promote and facilitate the exchange of information with other disciplines engaging in qualitative inquiry.
- We invite researchers interested in qualitative research to join us.