Anne Anastasi Dissertation Award
The Anne Anastasi Dissertation Award recognizes distinguished dissertations that address a topic in the field of quantitative research methods (assessment, evaluation, measurement, statistics). Award recipients attending the APA convention will receive the following:
- An invitation to present at the subsequent APA convention (length varies by award).
- A cash award of $500 to help offset travel expenses to the subsequent APA convention.
All award recipients will also receive:
- An honorary one-year membership to Div. 5.
- An awards plaque and a place in history.
Questions about the awards, nominations and the review process can be addressed to Carolyn Anderson. The outcome of the review process will be announced by Feb. 1, 2017.
To be eligible for this award, the nominee’s dissertation must have been completed in 2014 or later. Neither the nominator nor nominee need be a current or former member of either the APA or Div. 5. Both self-nominations and nominations of others will be considered.
- An abstract of 1,000-2,000 words that (a) summarizes the dissertation and (b) highlights its broader theoretical and/or applied relevance and importance.
- A letter of support from the dissertation adviser (or other faculty member from the institution where the dissertation was completed) that describes (a) the significance of the dissertation to the field, (b) the implications of the project for future research, and (c) the promise of the nominee for future contributions to research or professional practice.
- The nominee’s current curriculum vitae.
- A completed nomination form by the nominator. Please send all requested nomination materials to Carolyn Anderson by Dec. 1, 2016.
Carel F. W. Peeters
Nathaniel E. Helwig
A.G.J. (Rens) van de Schoot
Zhushan “Mandy” Li
Clintin P. Davis-Stober
2009 Libo Li
Kristopher J. Preacher
Sarah McConnell Hartzson
Ruth Axman Childs
Joseph L. Fava
Jeanie L-Jen Weng
P. Scott Richards
Walter M. Houston