Distinguished Dissertation in Qualitative Inquiry Award
This award recognizes distinguished dissertations that addressed a topic in the field of qualitative research methods.
Award recipients attending the APA convention will receive the following:
- An invitation to present at the subsequent APA convention (length varies by award).
- An honorary one-year membership to Div. 5.
- An awards plaque and a place in history.
Questions about the awards, nominations and the review process can be addressed to Deborah Bandalos. The outcome of the review process will be announced by March 15, 2018.
Neither the nominator nor the nominee need be a current or former member of either APA or Div. 5. Both self-nominations and nominations by others will be considered. To be eligible for this award, the nominee’s dissertation must have been completed in 2015 or later.
Nomination materials should include:
- An abstract of 1,000–2,000 words that (a) summarizes the dissertation and (b) highlights its broader theoretical and/or applied relevance and importance.
- A letter of support from the dissertation advisor (or other faculty member from the institution where the dissertation was completed) that describes (a) the significance of the dissertation to the field, (b) the implications of the project for future research, and (c) the promise of the nominee for future contributions to research or professional practice.
- The nominee’s current curriculum vitae.
- A completed nomination form (PDF, 7.5KB) by the nominator. Please send all requested nomination materials to Deborah Bandalos by Dec. 1, 2017.
William E. Hartmann
Dennis C. Wendt