Distinguished Contributions to Teaching and Mentoring in Qualitative Inquiry Award
This award recognizes demonstrated excellence in teaching and mentoring within the field of qualitative inquiry. Award recipients attending the APA convention will receive the following:
- An invitation to present at the subsequent APA convention (length varies by award).
- An honorary one-year membership to Div. 5.
- An awards plaque and a place in history.
The annual deadline for this award is the first Friday of December.
Questions about the awards, nominations and the review process can be addressed to Nathan Kuncel. The outcome of the review process will be announced each year in March.
Neither the nominator nor the nominee need be a current or former member of either APA or Div. 5. Both self-nominations and nominations by others will be considered. Nominees at all stages of their career will be considered.
Nomination materials should include:
- A nomination letter and two additional letters of support that describe distinguished teaching and mentoring through teaching evaluations, awards or testimonials; the nominee’s impact on student career trajectories; and the nominee’s impact via public dissemination, such as workshops, conference presentations, books, websites or involvement in public media.
- The nominee’s current curriculum vitae.
- Please send all requested nomination materials to Nathan Kuncel by the first Friday in December. In your email, please ask for a confirmation that your materials have been received. If you do not receive a confirmation, please follow up to make sure that your materials have been received.