In this Issue
2017 Div. 5 awards: Call for nominations
By Carolyn Anderson
Div. 5 is seeking nominations for eight different awards that recognize outstanding accomplishments in the Div. 5-related areas of quantitative and qualitative research methods, which include assessment, evaluation, measurement, statistics and qualitative analyses (see the “Past Recipients” tabs on the awards page for previous winners).
- Samuel J. Messick Distinguished Scientific Contributions Award
Endowed by The Educational Testing Service in memory of Dr. Samuel J. Messick.
- Jacob Cohen Distinguished Contributions to Teaching and Mentoring Award
Sponsored by the Taylor and Francis Group in memory of Dr. Jacob Cohen.
- Anne Anastasi Distinguished Early Career Contributions Award
Sponsored by the College Board and the Fordham University Graduate School of Education in memory of Dr. Anne Anastasi.
- Anne Anastasi Dissertation Award
Sponsored by the Anne Anastasi Charitable Foundation in honor of Dr. Anne Anastasi.
- Distinguished Contributions in Qualitative Inquiry Award
- Distinguished Contributions to Teaching and Mentoring in Qualitative Inquiry Award
- Distinguished Early Career Contributions in Qualitative Inquiry Award
- Distinguished Dissertation in Qualitative Inquiry Award
All award recipients will be given an awards plaque and an honorary one-year membership in Div. 5. Recipients attending the 2017 APA convention will be honored at the Div. 5 Awards Symposium where each will have the opportunity to make a brief presentation. In addition, attendees who are recipients of sponsored awards (Messick, Cohen, and Anastasi) will receive a cash award of $500 to offset travel expenses associated with attending the APA convention.
Neither the nominator nor the nominee need be a current or former member of either APA or Div. 5. Both self-nominations and nominations by others will be considered.
Detailed nomination instructions for each award can be found on the Div. 5 awards page on the website. Please send all requested nomination materials by email to Carolyn Anderson, chair of the 2017 Awards Committee, by Dec. 1, 2016. A confirmation email will be sent when an award package is complete. The outcome of the review process will be announced by Feb. 1, 2017. Should you have any questions concerning the awards, the nomination process, and/or the review process, please contact Carolyn.