A newsletter of Division 54
July 2013 |Vol. 37, No. 2
Featured ArticleMichael A. Rapoff, PhD
Div. 54 President Michael Rapoff shares the top five benefits of mentoring and tips for mentors.
- Journal of Pediatric Psychology Highlights
Several exciting special issues ahead for JPP and a collaboration with CPPP.
By Grayson N. Holmbeck, PhD
- Updates on Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology
Warm reception for the new journal and a call for diversity and training issues.
By W. Douglas Tynan, PhD, and Jennifer Shroff Pendley
2014 APA Conference
- 2014 APA Conference Emphasizes Interdivisional, Collaborative Programs
To promote greater collaboration across disciplines of psychology, submissions from multiple APA divisions
By Erica Sood, PhD
2013 APA Conference
- APA and Divs. 53 and 54 – Conference Programing- Honolulu 2013
Several exciting presentations and opportunities for CEUs at the upcoming APA Convention in Honolulu.
By Susan R. Patton, PhD
- Divs. 53/54 Hospitality Suite
Schedule for the Div. 53/54 Hospitality Suite at APA in Honolulu.
National Conference in Pediatric Psychology
- 2013 National Conference in Pediatric Psychology in New Orleans: Laissez les bons temps
The 2013 National Conference in Pediatric Psychology was a success in New Orleans.
By Ric G. Steele and Michael C. Roberts, PhD
- NCPP 2013 Poster Award Winners
Several NCPP 2013 poster winners are announced.
- SIG Poster Award Winners
Special interest groups awarded several poster awards at the 2013NCPP.
- Save the Date: Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference March 27-29, 2014
The 2014 Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference will take place in Philadelphia.
By Lisa Schwartz, PhD, and Emily Fredericks
On the Student Front
- Convention Connections, SIG Student Involvement
Div. 54 special interest groups are a great way to get involved; with over 15 there are many from which to choose.
By Jen Lee
- Student Spotlight
Lara Genik from University of Guelph is our outstanding undergraduate for the current Student Spotlight.
- Call for Outstanding Graduate Student in Pediatric Psychology
Our call for the next outstanding graduate student for the Student Spotlight.
- 2013 Student Award Winners
Several outstanding 2013 student award winners have been recognized.
- Student Research Brief: Pain in Pediatric Sickle Cell Disease: Daily Behavioral Prevention Strategies
Cynthia Karlson, the 2012 SPP Diversity Research Award winner, describes her investigation with African American children with sickle cell disease.
By Cynthia Karlson
- APA Convention Student Poster Award Competition
Call for student poster award submissions to be presented at the APA Convention in Honolulu.
- Call for Student Research Award Applications
Apply for upcoming student research awards available: deadline October 1.
- Craniofacial SIG: Spreading the Word on Special Needs and Advancing Evidence-Based Care
The Craniofacial Special Interest Group is working to improve our recognition and treatment of families struggling with cleft lip/palate and complex craniofacial conditions.
By Heather Snyder and Amy Conrad
- SPP Membership Raffle Winners
Renew your Div. 54 membership early and win a free one-year membership.