A newsletter of Division 54
October 2013 | Vol. 37, No. 3
- Journal of Pediatric Psychology highlights
Several exciting special issues forthcoming in 2014 and a reminder about the new Topical Review submission option.
By Grayson N. Holmbeck, PhD
- Historical analysis in pediatric psychology
New feature in the Journal of Pediatric Psychology – Historical Analysis in Pediatric Psychology.
By Anne E. Kazak
- Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology updates
Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology reaches the one year mark with over 80 submissions.
By Jennifer Shroff Pendley and W. Douglas Tynan, PhD
- News from the American Board of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology (ABCCAP)
Board certification through ABCCAP a growing trend in pediatric psychology.
By Michael C. Roberts, PhD
- APA Committee on Children Youth and Families (CYF)
Integrated Pediatric Health Care a Priority for CYF.
By W. Douglas Tynan, PhD
- Div. 54 fellow status
Become a fellow of Div. 54. Deadline: Nov. 15
By Edward R. Christophersen, PhD, ABPP
- Announcing the 2014 Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference (SPPAC) in Philadelphia
Share in the history of the new SPPAC in the birthplace of America.
By Emily Fredericks and Lisa Schwartz, PhD
- SPP and ISRII: A perfect match — Dissemination, learning and networking at the 2013 ISRII meeting
With SPP making strides to lead the way in eHealth in pediatric care, now is the right time for strong ties to ISRII.
By Christopher Cushing and Lee M. Ritterband, PhD
- 2013 Div. 54 APA Convention highlights
Div. 54 delivers an exciting line up of symposia at the 121 st Annual APA Convention.
By Susan R. Patton, PhD
- Save the Date: APA Annual Convention, August 7-10, 2014
The 2014 convention emphasizes collaborative programming across APA divisions.
By Erica Sood, PhD
On the Student Front
- Navigating life after graduate school: Words of wisdom from APA
Advice from early career professionals on navigating the journey from graduate school to your first job.
By Jennifer Lee, MS
- Graduate Student Spotlight Award winner – summer/fall 2013
Congratulations to Kathryn Birnie, BA.
By Shana L. Schuman,, MS
- New SPP Student Advisory Board members
Meet the new members of the Student Advisory Board.
- Division 54 Poster Award winners at the APA Convention in Hawai'i
Five poster awards were given at the Div. 54 poster awards at the APA Convention in Hawai'i this past July/August.
By David Janicke
- Call for Applications: SPP Student Travel Award and C. Eugene Walker Education Award
Apply for student funding opportunities to support conference travel.
By David Janicke
- Request for Proposals Elizabeth Munsterberg Koppitz Child Psychology Graduate Student Fellowship
Apply for the Elizabeth Munsterberg Koppitz Child Psychology Graduate Student Fellowship.
In this Issue
- Health care reform: Do you know what your state is doing?
With the changes in health care coming soon, know what your state is doing.
By Mary Ann McCabe, PhD, and Tammy A. Barnes
- Pediatric Research/Innovative Statistical Methodology (PRISM) special interest group (SIG)
New SIG promotes education, networking and utilization of innovative research and statistical methodologies.
By Bryan T. Karazsia, PhD, and Kristoffer S. Berlin , PhD
- Recognizing pediatric psychology
Reflections from Thomas Kenny, PhD, a charter fellow of the Society of Pediatric Psychology.
By Thomas J. Kenny, PhD
- Call for nominations: Div. 54 officers
Considering running for upcoming open seats for president-elect and member-at-large - membership.
- Newly elected SPP Executive Committee members
Welcome our newly elected president, member-at-large – conferences, and treasurer.