A newsletter of Division 54
Feature ArticleLisa Schwartz, PhD, and Emily Fredericks
Don't miss SPPAC in Philadelphia in March.
Awards and Grants
- Diane Willis Award for Outstanding Article in the Journal of Pediatric Psychology
Congratulations to Sarah Martin and colleagues.
- Targeted Research Grant awardee
Congratulations to Robin S. Everhart, the inaugural Targeted Research Grant awardee.
By Robin S. Everhart
- Story behind the awards: The Mary Jo Kupst Trainee Grant for Research in Resilience
Mary Jo Kupst, PhD's commitment to mentoring graduate students, trainees and junior colleagues is an important part of the legacy for which the Mary Jo Kupst Trainee Grant for Research in Resilience was named.
By Anne E. Kazak
- SPP grant awards and research competition winners 2013
Find out who the 2013 SPP award winners are.
- SPP 2014 Student Grant & Award Announcements
Apply for SPP grants and awards.
By David Janicke
In This Issue
- American Board of Clinical Health Psychology
Consider American Board of Clinical Health Psychology (ABCHP) certification.
By W. Douglas Tynan, PhD
- Division 54 Programming at the APA Convention
Division 54 has an exciting program for the 2014 APA Convention.
By Erica Sood, PhD
- Peds CL Practitioner Resource Bank for Inpatient Pediatric CL Assessment Instruments, Intervention Protocols, Policy and Procedural Documents
Make sure to check out or contribute to the Consultation Liaison SIG resource bank
By Suzanne Thompson, PhD, and Bryan Carter, PhD
- Cultural sensitivity in clinical practice and training
Acquiring skills to work with culturally diverse populations is important in all facets of pediatric psychology.
By Anna Maria Patiño-Fernández, Monica Mitchell, PhD, and Elizabeth Pulgaron
- Experiences from an international member of Div. 54
How well is Div. 54 known outside North America?
By Line Caes, PhD
On the Student Front
- Opportunities for student networking
Opportunities abound for networking in SPP.
By Jennifer Lee, MS
- Seeking student leaders for the Society of Pediatric Psychology
Six Student Advisory Board positions are available.
By Jennifer Lee, MS
- Undergraduate student spotlight
Consider nominating an outstanding undergraduate student.
- Graduate Student Spotlight Award winner – Winter/spring 2014
Congratulations to Jennifer Rohan, MA.
By Katherine Donlon, MS
- Society for Behavior Medicine (SBM)/Society for Pediatric Psychology partnership (SPP) update
Both the SPP and SBM will be meeting in Philadelphia this spring.
By Danielle Wischenka, Bernard Fuemmeler, PhD, MPH, and Ann M. Davis, PhD