Craniofacial Special Interest Group
The Craniofacial SIG consists of SPP members who share an interest in craniofacial conditions. The general goals of this SIG are to:
- Increase awareness of craniofacial conditions among SPP members.
- Facilitate communication, collaboration and consultation among members regarding providing care and education for children with craniofacial conditions and their families.
- Facilitate collaboration on research addressing psychosocial issues associated with having a craniofacial condition.
- Provide education opportunities and clinical materials for professionals (including continuing education for psychologists, non-psychologist members of craniofacial care teams, teachers and other school professionals), those in training (including graduate students, interns and post-doctoral students), and for families regarding the psychosocial issues associated with craniofacial conditions.
- Serve as advocates for these children and their families.
- Liaison with the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association.
Amy L. Conrad, PhD
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Celia E. Heppner, PsyD
Children's Medical Center, Dallas, Texas