About Div. 7
Div. 7 is organized to:
- Promote research in the field of developmental psychology.
- Facilitate the exchange of information about developmental psychology through the division newsletter, website and APA convention program.
- Enhance undergraduate and graduate education in developmental psychology.
- Further early career development (e.g., through grants and a communication network).
- Present awards to both new and established researchers for their outstanding contributions to developmental psychology.
- Promote the use of scientific knowledge in both applied settings and public policy decisions relevant to the optimal development of infants, children and adults.