Established in 1946, Div. 18 was one of APA’s first divisions. With a focus on advocating for psychology in public service settings, such as recruitment, pay, and career advancement, many psychologists working in the public sector have called Div. 18 their home in APA.
- Division 18 celebrated its 75th anniversary with a special webinar presented by former Div. 18 historian, Dr. Rodney Baker.
- Presentation slides: Div. 18 75th Anniversary Presentation Handout (PDF, 1.63MB)
- Interviews with past presidents: In honor of our 75th anniversary, former presidents of Div. 18 were interviewed on our division’s podcast Public Service Psychology Now:
- 2018–2019 Nadine Kaslow, PhD, ABPP
- 2017–2018 Linda Richardson, PhD
- 2016–2017 Shirley M. Glynn, PhD
- 2015–2016 Timothy P. Carmody, PhD
- 2014–2015 Femina Varghese, PhD
- 2013–2014 Anne Klee, PhD
- 2011–2012 Linda P. Bodie, PsyD
- 2010–2011 Steven C. Norton, PhD
- 2009–2010 Robert Morgan, PhD
- 2008–2009 Timothy J. Lawler, PhD
- 2005–2006 Dolly C. Sadow, PhD
- 2003–2004 Robert D. Kerns, PhD
- 1999–2000 Joel A. Dvoskin, PhD
- 1989–1990 Rodney R. Baker, PhD
Learn More About Our Rich History
Baker, R. R. (2013). The history of the Division of Psychologists in Public Service (1946–2006). Psychological Services, 10(3), 353-358. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0031598
For inquiries regarding Div. 18’s history, contact Timothy Carmody, PhD.