Psychologists in Public Service Student Award
This award is for a graduate student and member of Div. 18 who demonstrates exemplary commitment to public service psychology and underserved populations. This can include:
- Providing direct service in a public mental health setting with a focus on underserved populations.
- Developing and implementing an innovative mental health service program.
- Conducting research in organized care settings that advances service system delivery and/or benefits underserved populations.
- Advocating for quality mental health programs for all.
Nominees must be a psychology graduate student. (This may include postdoctoral fellows.) Nominees do not need to be student members of Div. 18 to be considered for an award but they must be a student member of APA or an APA division to receive the award.
To submit a nomination, please provide the following:
- Two letters of nomination one of which should be from a teacher or mentor.
- Curriculum vitae.
All nomination materials for this award should be sent to Shirley Glynn by May 1.