The new strategic plan for Div. 18 defines psychologists in public service settings and outlines core values, our mission and goals.
In This Issue
- Navigating the narratives of acute mass violence: Personal and professional considerations for psychologists
Psychologists are working in high-stakes situations. Tune into a critical discussion about psychologist self-wellness and self-preservation.
By Ashlee N. Martlage, MA
- Serious mental illness/severe emotional disturbance section update
The section was pleased to see the SMI specialty approved. Members and potential future members met face to face at the APA conference, and we had our second town hall meeting.
By Emilia Brown, PhD
- It’s official — SMI psychology postdoctoral specialty approved
APA Council of Representatives approved serious mental illness psychology postdoc specialty at August 2019 meeting.
By Mary Jansen, PhD
- Council report
Congratulations to the SMI section. Council passed the consent agenda.
By Anne Klee, PhD, and Linda R. Mona, PhD
- Psychologists in public psychiatric hospitals
The main focus of this article is to reassert the importance of psychologists as members of ward-based treatment teams.
By Joel Dvoskin, PhD, ABPP
- Div. 18 policy on term limits for APA’s Council of Representatives
A goal of the term limits policy is to support the leadership involvement of a diverse array of division members.
By Nadine J. Kaslow, PhD, ABPP
- A thousand rubies, sometimes more
Engaging in interprofessional education has become increasingly timely.
By Patrick H. DeLeon, PhD