It is amazing how fast 2021 has flown by, but soon winter will arrive along with exciting opportunities for the year ahead.
Here are a few quick notes from VA Section:
- Congrats to these amazing colleagues for their contributions which have positively impacted so many VA psychologists: Charlotte McCloskey, PhD, was awarded the VA Section Excellence in Service Award, and Christopher Watson, PhD, was awarded the VA Section Excellence in Mentoring Award.
- We will be making changes to our Veteran Affairs Section Awards in the coming year. Never too early to start considering which of your great colleagues you would like to nominate for their outstanding contributions.
- Since convention we have provided webinars focusing on opioid use disorder; how to get a VA internship; how to get a VA postdoctoral fellowship; and recovery-oriented care for veterans with serious mental illness, a collaboration with our fabulous colleagues in the Div. 18 SMI Section. Please see our VA Section webinar webpage. We have future webinars planned for developing an administrative/leadership rotation for internship/postdocs and geriatric mental health.
- We have shifted our VA Section meetings to be quarterly (third Thursday of the first month of each quarter). We are featuring brief presentations from VA Section members to highlight their work and experiences. Our next meeting is anticipated to take place on January 20, 2022.
- Our social media presence continues to expand. Stay connected by visiting us on Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.