VA Section Newsletter
A newsletter of Div. 18
July 2019 |Vol. 2, No. 3
APA's 2019 Convention is in Chicago.
In this Issue
- VA Psychology Recognition Week
This year, for the first time, VA psychologists were formally recognized with an appreciation event by VA leadership.
By David Topor, PhD
- In support of maintaining Hybrid Title 38/5 for psychologists
A rebuttal to Mary Beth Shea, PhD’s Title 38 webinar, March 2019.
By Benjamin Presskreischer, PsyD
- Bringing VA voices to the Hill
An Interview with Samuel Wan, PhD, about AVAPL’s annual congressional meetings.
By Ashlee N. Martlage, MA
- Updates from the Div. 18 Diversity Committee
Upcoming events include a webinar on poverty and open house at convention.
By Astrea Greig, PsyD, and Valene Whittaker, PhD
- Early Career Psychologist representative report
A review of the VA Psychology Leadership Conference in San Antonio, Texas.
By Josh Rinker, PsyD
- Ethics corner
A starting point for ethical discussions.
By John Beauvais, PhD, and Clare Gideon, PhD