VA Section Newsletter
A newsletter of Div. 18
November 2020 |Vol. 3, No. 4
We are all on the same team: The VHA psychology team.
From the Editor
- Call for newsletter contributors
Email your contributions and comments to the VA Section Newsletter editor.
In this Issue
- Greetings from the VA Section Early Career Psychologist representative
It is my pleasure to provide a voice for our early career colleagues and be a resource as we navigate our careers.
By Edgar Villarreal, PhD
- Social media: the public profile of the VA Section
Technology plays a critical role in psychology.
By Sharon Malinowski, PsyD
APA Div. 18 VA Section Awards
- Outstanding Administrator: Michael J. Potoczniak, PhD
The award recipient is an individual who has demonstrated exceptional leadership skills.
By Michael J. Potoczniak, PhD
- Outstanding Clinician: Jessica L. Hackenberg, PsyD
The award recipient is an individual for whom direct service is a significant portion of his/her assignment.
By Jessica L. Hackenberg, PsyD
- Outstanding Director of Training: Stephen R. McCutcheon, PhD
The award recipient will have implemented innovative educational or training programs within psychology, or applied principles of psychology training in broader venues.
By Stephen R. McCutcheon, PhD
- Outstanding Psychology Trainee: Ian H. Stanley, PhD
The award recipient is a student at any stage of psychology education with accomplishments far exceeding expectations.
By Ian H. Stanley, PhD
- Outstanding Supervisor or Mentor: Eric B. Elbogen, PhD
The outstanding mentor demonstrates professional generosity, encompassing perspective, and personal conduct.
By Eric B. Elbogen, PhD
APA Div. 18 Awards
- Robert Goldberg Leadership in Education Award: John E. Beauvais, PhD
The award honors an outstanding educator whose work has enhanced the field of public service psychology.
By John Beauvais, PhD
- Psychologists in Public Service Distinguished Career Award: Shirley M. Glynn, PhD
The career award recognizes psychologists who have made outstanding contributions to public service of underserved populations.
By Shirley M. Glynn, PhD
- Psychologists in Public Service Early Career Award: Erin C. Watson, PsyD
The award recipient is an early career psychologist who demonstrates exemplary commitment to public service psychology.
By Erin C. Watson, PsyD