View recommended books on hypnosis, list of major hypnosis journals, hypnosis database and more.
General collections presenting theories and research in hypnosis from a variety of viewpoints: Fromm, E., & Nash, M. R. (Eds.). (1992). Contemporary hypnosis research. New York: Guilford Press. Lynn, S. J., & Rhue, J. W. (Eds.). (1991). Theories of hypnosis: Current models and perspectives. New York: Guilford Press.
General collection addressing clinical applications of hypnosis from a variety of theories and viewpoints: Lynn , S. J., Rhue, J. W., & Kirsch, I. (Eds.). (1993). Handbook of clinical hypnosis. Washington , DC: American Psychological Association.
A basic hypnosis text recommended by the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis: Hammond, D. C. (Ed.). (1988). Hypnotic induction and suggestion: An introductory manual. Des Plaines, IL: American Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
Hypnosis Professional Groups
- The American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH)
- The International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis (IJCEH)
- The International Society of Hypnosis (ISH)
- The International Society for the Study of Dissociation (ISSD)
- The Milton H. Erickson Foundation
- The Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis (SCEH)
- Clinical Hypnosis Facebook Group
Major Hypnosis Journals
- American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis
- Australian Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis
- Contemporary Hypnosis and Integrative Therapy
- Imagination, Cognition, and Personality
- International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis
- Psychology of Consciousness: Theory, Research, and Practice
Dr. Eric Willmarth has “interviewed over 100 of the greatest living hypnosis researchers and clinicians and tried to preserve their wisdom and their personality for future students of hypnosis. All of the interviews were candid and unrehearsed. Answers to my questions are “off the top of their heads” and not the result of prepared statements. With each interview you can sense the passion shared by the impressive individuals who study and use clinical hypnosis.”