News & Events
Call for Div. 31 Award Nominations
Nominations are invited for Div. 31 annual awards to be presented at the 2019 Practice Leadership Conference. Please visit the award pages descriptions:
- SPTA Diversity Award
- Outstanding Achievement by a Psychological Association Staff Member
- Committee on Early Career Psychologists (ECP) Initiative Award
- Outstanding SPTA Award
Nominations and supporting materials should be sent to the 2019 Div. 31 Awards Chair Lindsey Buckman by Jan. 1, 2019.
- Cast Five Votes for Your SPTA AND Div. 31 on the APA Apportionment Ballot
When your apportionment ballot arrives from APA, Div. 31 strongly urges you to cast five votes for your State, Provincial or Territorial Association (SPTA) and five votes for Div. 31, and to contact your colleagues and tell them to do the same. Every vote counts. This gives your state—and all states—a strong voice in the governance of APA. This determines how many votes the states have in the APA Council of Representatives and we need to increase our voice…we need your votes!
- Div. 31 Board Endorses Two President-elect Candidates
The Div. 31 Board of Directors is delighted to endorse two strong State Provincial and Territorial Associations (SPTA) and APA leaders for APA president-elect: Sandra Shullman, PhD, and Armand Cerbone, PhD. Please read their candidate statements.
- Fellows Application Now Online
APA’s Online Fellows Application Portal is now open! Are you the next fellow of Div. 31?
- Div. 31 Had a Strong Presence at APA's 2017 Annual Convention
Highlights include a productive Board of Directors meeting, a well-attended social hour, seven Heiser awardees, and many informative convention programs.
- Endorsement of Rosie Phillips Bingham for President-Elect
Rosie Phillips Bingham is the only candidate that Div. 31 will be endorsing this year.
- Three Div. 31 Members Declared Fellows
After a thorough review process, Div. 31 and APA are pleased to announce that Peter Oppenheimer, PhD; Kevin Arnold, PhD; and Joseph Coyne, PhD, have been conferred the distinction of fellows of APA. Please join me in congratulating them on receiving this honor.
Other members interested in being declared fellows? Please review the process and apply.
- Jeffrey E. Barnett, PsyD, ABPP, Named 2017 Alfred M. Wellner Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
Barnett, Div. 31 president from 2002-04, received the award based on his numerous professional accomplishments and leadership in psychology.
- Sally R. Cameron Awarded 2017 APA Presidential Citation
Cameron earned an APA Presidential Citation for being an exemplar of innovation, collaborative leadership, coalition building and genuine caring for her fellow human beings.
- State Psychological Associations and the APAPO: Natural Allies (PDF, 67KB)
Both c-6 organizations that advocate for psychologists — including reimbursement issues, regulatory, and legislative advocacy on behalf of psychologists. Read more about how the EPPP-2 was processed recently by a diverse group of stakeholders.
- ECP Information (PDF, 916KB)
An overview of benefits and resources for Div. 31 ECP members, including leadership opportunities.
- APA Council of Representatives Report (PDF, 940KB)
Read highlights from the August 2016 meeting of the APA Council of Representatives in a report by Lisa Grossman, JD, PhD, Div. 31 APA Council representative.
- April 2016 Report From APA Board (PDF, 331KB)
Read about selected activities in the APA central office.
- APA Council of Representatives Report
Read highlights from the February 2016 meeting of the APA Council of Representatives.
- Michael Sullivan Diversity Scholarship Fund Progress Updates
- Read progress updates from 2013 Michael Sullivan Diversity Scholarship Fund winners.
- Michael Sullivan Diversity Scholarship Winners
Caitlin Cavanagh’s and Barbara Wood Roberts are the winners of the 2015 winners of the Michael Sullivan Diversity Scholarship.
- Preparing Professional Psychologists to Serve a Diverse Public: A Core Requirement in Doctoral Education and Training
For psychologists to competently serve all members of the public now and in the future, professional psychology training programs strive to ensure that psychology trainees demonstrate acceptable levels of knowledge, skills and awareness to work effectively with diverse individuals.
- Diversity Initiatives
The Div. 31 Diversity Leadership Development Training Program workshop, which focuses on leadership, negotiating and mentoring, was held at the 2013 State Leadership Conference.