The Psychotherapy and the Arts collaboration between Divs, 10 and 32.
Profiles in Psychotherapy and the Arts
- Mirrors and Theater of the Mind, Los Angeles
Arts project thrives as a unique celebration of psychology, creativity, culture and community.
By Pamela J. McCrory, PhD
- How to learn the secrets of the body in dance movement therapy and know yourself better
A one-hour lecture/demonstration on dance movement therapy for an online psychology training program.
By Ilene Serlin, PhD
Workshops, Conferences, Institutes and Residencies
- Movement, music and dreams: Active approaches to reshaping trauma narratives
Clinical workshop integrating narrative, dreamwork and arts approaches to healing trauma and dissociation.
By Lawrence Graber, MA, Ilene Serlin, PhD, and Stanley Krippner, PhD
- The horse archetype and social consciousness: Roadmap to biopsychospiritual healing
Workshop celebrating horse-human relations and the horse archetype as a roadmap for personal and planetary healing.
By Lawrence Graber, MA
- Female Rainbow in Greece: Authentic movement, yoga, healing arts
An embodied spiritual retreat to let your powerful, multifaceted, wise and beautiful female soul to emerge and blossom.
By Maria Lentzou, MA
- National Association for Poetry Therapy: 40th annual conference
Exploring and embracing diversity through poetry therapy.
- Creative Arts Therapies (CATS) in APA’s Div. 10
Invitation to Creative Arts Therapists for new Div. 10 conference, to be held Nov. 6-8, 2020, at Drexel University.
By Mary Gregerson, PhD
- Living a Life in Full
How to change the world through the creative arts and activism.
By Chris Stout, PsyD
- Initiating 'Beyaz Keçi,' Expressive Arts Institute in Istanbul, Turkey
“We must find playful forms of life and responsive institutions that can sustain us by honoring our fundamental impulses…”
By Fulya Kurter Musnitsky
- Therapeutic residency for artists in Goa, India
An international residency which combines therapeutic self-awareness and healing with creative exploration and development in India.
- Back to the future: A case study Existential Psychology East-West, Vol 2: Colorado Springs, Colorado: University Professors Press. pp. 203-207
This afterword in a new book on humanistic psychology that, as it looks at the future of humanistic psychology, remembers and supports the inclusion of embodied approaches that include the feminine.
By Ilene Serlin, PhD
- The use of oral histories as a healing tool
Using storytelling as a healing tool just to tell your story, to create your family legend to help immigrant families to bond and to heal.
By Jean Lau Chin
- Upcoming book on creative therapies
Upcoming book focuses on creative therapies from prehistory to the present.
By Tobi Zausner, PhD
- Life narratives in documentary films
Models of narrative creation in photography and film.
By Allyn Enderlyn, PhD