News & Events
Div. 34 Q&A
This year, Div. 34 is hosting supplementary Q&A sessions to coincide with our full APA 2021 virtual conference program. APA convention registration is not required to attend these free Zoom Q&A sessions, but you do need to register in advance.
Thursday, August 12 (All times listed are Eastern/U.S.)
- 1–2 p.m. Division 34 Award Winners, Linda Steg, PhD, and Beth Karlin, PhD
- 2:15–2:45 p.m. Psychology of Preparation and Response to Weather Emergencies, Teresa Harris and Brittni Fleming
- 3–3:30 p.m. Invited Address: Contextual Influences on Theory Development and Research in Environmental Psychology from the Great Acceleration to the Anthropocene, Daniel Stokols, PhD
- 3:45–4:15 p.m. Energy Conservation Through Behavior Change: The Role of Psychologists in Interdisciplinary Teams, Linda H Slowik, PhD, Rachel Lee, PhD, and Erin Watts
- 4:30–5 p.m. Eco-Anxiety and Climate Anxiety Across the Globe, Saima Eman, PhD, Kelsey Hudson, PhD, Andrea Mah, and Pilar Fowler
- 5–6 p.m. Student Group Social Hour
Friday, August 13 (All times listed are Eastern/U.S.)
- 1–1:30 p.m. The Psychology of Saving Energy in Homes, Reuven Sussman, PhD, Beth Karlin, PhD, Hale Forster, PhD, and Emma Cooper
- 2–2:45 p.m. Meet your Presidential Trio, Daniel Benkendorf, PhD, Kim Wolske, PhD, and Kati Peditto, PhD
- 3:15–3:45 p.m. Collaborative Session: Towards just and equitable societies: Women's Rights and the UN's Sustainable Goals, Nélida Quintero, PhD, Roseanne Flores, PhD, Carmen Vasquez, PhD, Janet Sigal PhD, and Neal Rubin, PhD
Improving Our Science and Increasing Our Impact
This webinar series will cover a wide range of topics and issues that impact our effectiveness and reach as researchers, practitioners, and advocates.