Distinguished Mentor Award
This award, established in 2012, honors a Section V mentor's contribution in areas such as community engagement, leadership, clinical work, research and mentorship.
The award will be presented at the APA Annual Convention.
Nominations, including self-nominations, are welcome.
For the Clinical/Service Contribution Award, the applicant must:
- Be current members of APA Div. 35 and Section V. Non-members are welcome to apply and agree to become member of Div. 35 and Section V once selected to be the award recipient. Membership to Div. 35 is free. See membership information and application.
- Be able demonstrate clinical/community services to enhance the well-being of APIA communities, especially APIA women.
Please submit the following:
- A nomination letter that describes nominee’s contributions as a feminist psychologist serving the APIA communities.
- A one-page statement highlighting the nominee’s clinical/community services contributions to APIA women.
- A letter of support/recommendation from a professional who is familiar with the applicant’s work
- The applicant/nominee's curriculum vitae
Applications that fail to meet the guidelines described will not be reviewed.
Interested applicants should email completed applications to Diane Hayashino, PhD.
Debra Kawahara, PhD
Chu Kim Prieto, PhD
Linh Luu, PhD
Khanh Dinh, PhD
Susana Lowe, PhD
Asuncion Miteria Austria, PhD
Reiko Homma-True, PhD
Jean Lau Chin, PhD