Pioneer Graduate Student Award
This award, established in 2015, honors a Section V graduate student's contribution in areas such as community engagement, leadership, clinical work, research and mentorship.
The award will be presented at the APA Annual Convention.
Nominations, including self-nominations, are welcome.
For the Clinical/Service Contribution Award, the applicant must:
- Be current members of APA Div. 35 and Section V. Non-members are welcome to apply and agree to become member of Div. 35 and Section V once selected to be the award recipient. Membership to Div. 35 is free. See membership information and application.
- Be able demonstrate clinical/community services to enhance the well-being of APIA communities, especially APIA women.
Please submit the following:
- A nomination letter that describes nominee’s contributions as a feminist psychologist serving the APIA communities.
- A one-page statement highlighting the nominee’s clinical/community services contributions to APIA women.
- A letter of support/recommendation from a professional who is familiar with the applicant’s work
- The applicant/nominee's curriculum vitae
Applications that fail to meet the guidelines described will not be reviewed.
Interested applicants should email completed applications to Diane Hayashino, PhD.