Distinguished Pioneer Award
This award honors a Section V pioneer who has significantly contributed to the mission and growth of the section. Areas of professional focus for this award are broadly defined, which include but are not limited to community engagement, leadership, clinical work, research and mentoring. Established in 2015 and formerly known as the Pioneer Award, this honor focuses on recognizing a mid-career (10-20 years post-degree) psychologist’s contribution in at least one of the areas above. At the APA convention, the recipient of this award will receive $250 honorarium, as well as a mentorship lunch/dinner with the current president and a distinguished Asian Pacific feminist mentor. The award winner will also submit an article about a related topic to Section V’s newsletter.
The award will be presented at the APA Annual Convention.
Nominations, including self-nominations, are welcome.
For the Clinical/Service Contribution Award, the applicant must:
- Be current members of APA Div. 35 and Section V. Non-members are welcome to apply and agree to become member of Div. 35 and Section V once selected to be the award recipient. Membership to Div. 35 is free. See membership information and application.
- Be a mid-career (10-20 years post degree) psychologist
- Be able demonstrate clinical/community services to enhance the well-being of APIA communities, especially APIA women.
Please submit the following:
- A nomination letter that describes nominee’s contributions as a feminist psychologist serving the APIA communities.
- A one-page statement highlighting the nominee’s clinical/community services contributions to APIA women.
- A letter of support/recommendation from a professional who is familiar with the applicant’s work
- The applicant/nominee's curriculum vitae
Applications that fail to meet the guidelines described will not be reviewed.
Interested applicants should email completed applications to Diane Hayashino, PhD.
Susana Lowe, PhD
Reiko Homma True, PhD
Khanh T. Dinh, PhD
Yuying Tsong, PhD
Diane Hayashino, PhD
Phi Loan Le, PsyD
Formerly Pioneer Award
Christine J. Yeh, PhD
Debra Kawahara, PhD