Section IV: Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns
Section IV was formed in 2003 as the section on “Lesbian & Bisexual Women’s Issues.” In 2010, we changed our name to the section on “Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns” to be more inclusive of transgender and gender-variant women.
Anyone interested in our issues can join.
Benefits of membership include:
- Networking with professionals and students interested in lesbian, bisexual and transgender concerns.
- Convention programming.
- Leadership opportunities.
- Collaboration with other sections and organizations.
You can now join or renew your Section IV membership and pay online through a secure site on the APA website.
Join and pay using Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Receipts for dues payments will be emailed to you immediately.
- APA Member, Associate, Fellow, Dues Exempt/Life Status – $5
- Student Affiliate – $5
- Professional Affiliate – $5
- Limited Means & Grads (up to 5 years – $5)
The purposes of this organization are:
- To develop feminist approaches to lesbian, bisexual women's and trans womyns’ issues.
- To develop and advance feminist understanding of sexual orientation, heterosexism and homophobia.
- To promote the general objectives of the American Psychological Association and the Society for the Psychology of Women.