Society for the Psychology of Religion and Spirituality Newsletter
A newsletter of Division 36
The Next Generation: Student Successes and Mentorship in Div. 36
- Using Latent Class Analysis to Measure Religiosity and Spirituality
Doctoral student Meredith Hoyland walks through the benefits of applying latent class analysis to religious and spiritual constructs.
By Meredith Hoyland
- The Multilevel Interdisciplinary Paradigm Project
Student Ashley Moreland of the University of Texas at the Permian Basin discusses the Multilevel Interdisciplinary Paradigm as a means of improving communication among the field’s researchers.
By Ashley Moreland
- The Measures Project
Doctoral student Mary Medlin of the University of Southern Mississippi gives an overview of an ongoing project designed to streamline the field’s access to and understanding of a variety of measures.
By Mary Medlin
- Reflections on Religion, Spirituality and Clinical Work
Graduate student Aya Rice of Haifa University reflects on how she has applied the psychology of religion and spiritualty to her clinical work.
By Aya Rice
- Div. 36 Student Poster Award Winner
Congratulations to Jedd P. Alejandro, 2018 student poster award winner.
- Companions on a Journey
Julie Exline, professor at Case Western Reserve University, reflects on the process of mentoring.
By Julie J. Exline, PhD
- Mentoring Junior Faculty and Students in the Psychology of Religion and Spirituality and Beyond
Associate Professor Gina Brelsford of Penn State Harrisburg identifies three mentoring goals.
By Gina M. Brelsford, PhD
- Mentoring Psychology of Religion and Spirituality Students as an Early Career Psychologist
Assistant Professor Stephanie Winkeljohn Black of Penn State Harrisburg shares her two motivations for mentoring students.
By Stephanie Winkeljohn Black, PhD
The President’s Column
- Encouragement and Advice to Leap into Relational Spirituality
Div. 36 President Annette Mahoney, professor at Bowling Green State University, presents a dialogue reflective of her time mentoring students on relational spirituality.
By Annette Mahoney, PhD