Society for the Psychology of Religion and Spirituality Newsletter
A newsletter of Div. 36
From the Editor
Editor Stephanie Winkeljohn Black discusses 2020 news and events for the division, including the annual mid-year conference.
Social Justice and Diversity
- The psychology of religion and poverty
The Task Force on Religion and Poverty is hard at work.
By Taylor Mefford
- Are we effectively integrating racial and ethnic diversity into our field?
Psychology of religion and spirituality research is lacking an important aspect of today’s society — racial and ethnic diversity.
By Ingrid Morales-Ramirez and Stephanie Winkeljohn Black, PhD
Spirituality in Session
- The R/S-shaped elephant in our therapy rooms
Despite efforts made to communicate the essential nature of integrating religion/spirituality (R/S) into clinical practice, many clinicians still feel uncomfortable or unprepared to address R/S issues.
By Abbie Sell
- Religion needs a seat at the psychotherapy table
An adapted excerpt from Michelle Pearce’s book, “Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Christians with Depression: A Practical, Tool-Based Primer.”
By Michelle Pearce, PhD
Research and Scholarship
- APA highlights Tom Plante, editor of Spirituality in Clinical Practice (SPC).
Read about SCP, an outlet for your work, and calls for special issues.