Welcome to the website of APA Div. 37 (Society for Child and Family Policy and Practice). Our organization brings together psychologists and other professionals who are committed to improving the lives of children and families, whether that be through clinical practice, research, or policy change.
If the pandemic has taught us anything, it is the crucial role that families and friends play in supporting our mental and physical health. The pandemic has revealed many levels of inequity and injustice that have yet to be addressed. This past year has also taught us the importance of raising our collective voices to protest inequities and to bring about social change. The Society for Child and Family Policy and Practice promotes the dissemination and application of research evidence as a means of informing individual-, community-, and policy-level change.
- Submit a single long manuscript or a group of related manuscripts to our journal, Advances in Child and Family Policy and Practice.
- Participate in our Diverse Racial Ethnic and Multicultural (DREAM) Special Interest Group.
- Join our Section on Child Maltreatment, if you have an interest in research, policy, and practice in the area of child welfare.
- Attend our periodic Congressional briefings, or suggest a topic for a future briefing.
- Write a topical essay to our division newsletter, The Advocate.
- Volunteer or nominate yourself for a position on our Executive Committee.
- Prepare a blog entry for the informational website we co-sponsor, https://infoaboutkids.org/.
- Nominate a colleague for one of our awards recognizing excellence in research and practice.