Mark Chaffin Div. 37 Early Career Psychologist Research Grant
The $1,000 award can be used to fund a new small project or to further supplement an ongoing project. There will be up to one recipient each year and honorable mentions will be granted when appropriate. No indirect costs accompany this award.
Div. 37 members within 10 years of EdD, PhD or PsyD degree conferral are eligible.
- A clearly articulated plan of research.
- The research project is consistent with the goals and mission of the division: To integrate policy, practice and science to better serve children/adolescents and families. Example topics of interest include divorce and custody, child abuse prevention, pediatric AIDS, drug-exposed infants, latchkey children, homelessness and systems of care.
- The awardee has the background and experience needed to complete the project
The Div. 37 awards committee will make award decisions by July 1.
Conflict of Interest Statement
In order to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest, committee members reviewing applications must recuse themselves from reviewing applications from the same institution as the committee member, colleagues with whom the committee member is directly collaborating or former graduate students of such colleagues. A conflict of interest with any nominee with respect to a committee member will result in a recusal from the selection process for that year and a replacement committee member will be appointed. Each application must be reviewed by at least two reviewers.
In addition, committee members shall not advise any party regarding preparation of proposals or applications to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest or undue influence. Committee members shall not author letters of endorsement for applications they will later be asked to review. Committee members must disclose all situations or areas in which it might appear that they have a conflict of interest.
Send the following application materials directly to Christy Olezeski, ECP board member.
- Brief description of the project (two-page maximum).
- Detailed budget and budget justification (one page).
- Current CV.
Annual deadline is June 1.
Dhara Meghani, PhD
(Honorable Mention: Erin Hambrick, PhD)
Sonia Rubens, PhD
Chad Shenk, PhD
Cynthia J. Najdowski, PhD