Div. 37 (Society for Child and Family Policy and Practice) is committed to the application of psychological knowledge to advocacy, social justice, service delivery, and public policies affecting children, youth, and families in a diverse and inclusive society.
The society advances research, education, training, and practice through a multidisciplinary and culturally informed perspective.
Join Div. 37
As a member of Div. 37, you can access these great benefits:
- join the Div. 37, early career psychologist, student, and section email lists, which provide forums for sharing information and learning about job opportunities
- receive an electronic copy of The Advocate and/or section newsletter three times per year to keep you abreast of topical features and news of interest
- access the SpringerBriefs in Psychology series, Advances in Child and Family Policy and Practice
- apply for grants and awards recognizing excellence in research and practice
- help support advocacy for legal and mental health issues relevant to children and families
- engage in opportunities to help shape policies that affect children and families
- promote your work at APA's Annual Convention and participate in programming focused on child and family policy
- participate in members-only networking and mentoring opportunities
- help support efforts such as the Interdivisional Task Force for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, the Task Force on Children with Serious Emotional Disturbances and Their Families, and the Task Force on Epidemiology
- opportunity to join the division’s Special Interest Group
Don't forget to renew your membership each fall to continue receiving access to these great benefits.
Membership categories and yearly division dues
- APA Member ($37): members of APA
- Associate ($37): APA associates
- Fellow ($37): APA fellows
- Life Status ($12): APA members over the age of 65 who have belonged to APA for a total of 25 years
- Student Affiliate (free for the first year, $17 thereafter): undergraduate and graduate students in psychology, medicine, social work, law, nursing, and related fields (APA member number can be left blank.)
- International Affiliate ($37): psychologists, physicians, and professionals from related disciplines outside the U.S. and Canada who are not members of APA (APA member number can be left blank.)
- Professional Affiliate ($37): psychologists, physicians, and professionals from related disciplines in the U.S. and Canada who are not members of APA (APA member number can be left blank.)
- Early Career Psychologists (free): psychologists within 10 years of graduation (ECPs) who are new to the division can join for free (Please note: This membership cannot be set up online, and must be done via phone or mail.)
Mail: Simply print this form (PDF, 105KB), fill out the blanks, then mail the form and your check (payable to APA Divisions) to:
APA Division Services
750 First Street NE
Washington, DC 20002-4242
Please do not send cash or credit card information.
- Section Membership ($30): Section membership is not included in division membership. Please visit the Section on Child Maltreatment page to join or renew section membership.
Contact McKenna Cosottile, Div. 37's membership chair, for membership information and questions.
Last updated: February 2021Date created: March 2013