A newsletter of Div. 37
June 2018 |Vol. 41, No. 1 Download Issue (PDF, 662KB)
Jennifer Kaminski, PhD, provides advice for pushing forward under professionally challenging circumstances.
Section president’s column
- An extraordinary legacy for Div. 37 and the Section on Child Maltreatment
Gail G. Goodman, PhD, and Bette L. Bottoms, PhD, pay tribute to Karen Saywitz, PhD, former Div. 37 president, stellar intellectual, pioneer in the scientific study of child forensic interviewing, warm and wise supporter of mental health for children and families and highly effective and determined child advocate.
By Gail S. Goodman and Bette L. Bottoms, PhD
- Early career psychology corner
Christy Olezeski, PhD, discusses ways early career professionals can engage in policy and advocacy.
By Christy Olezeski, PhD
- Advocacy column
Christina Rodriguez, PhD, discusses strategies academics and researchers interested in working with legislators.
By Christina M. Rodriguez, PhD
- Chair, task force & diversity initiatives
This summer, Div. 37 is conducting an online survey.
By Joaquín P. Borrego, Jr., PhD
Call for nominations
- Div. 37 Dissertation Award
Submit soon. The deadline is rapidly approaching.
- Call for associate editor nominations: The Advocate
Nominations will be accepted through June 15. Self-nominations are welcome.
In this issue
- Not yet a member of Div. 37? Join today.
- Diane J. Willis Award winner announced
Div. 37 honors an early career psychologist.
- Update on the Institute of Medicine Forum for Promoting Children’s Cognitive, Affective and Behavioral Health
Mary Ann McCabe, PhD, ABPP, discusses the ongoing initiatives of the Institute of Medicine Forum for Promoting Children’s Cognitive, Affective and Behavioral Health
By Mary Ann McCabe, PhD, ABPP
- Voice of the students
Vanessa Hara gives advice on how students can get more involved in the work of Div. 37.
By Vanessa Hara
- Div. 37 abbreviated board meeting minutes
Highlights from the division executive committee meeting.
By Jenelle Shanley Chatham
Call for ideas
- Call for topic ideas and contributor recommendations for Advances in Child and Family Policy and Practice
Div. 37 solicits suggestions from members regarding a Springer Briefs series.
Div. 37 candidate statements
- President-Elect Candidate Erlanger “Earl” Turner, PhD
Erlanger “Earl” Turner asks Div. 37 members to consider him for president-elect.
By Erlanger Turner
- President-Elect Candidate Mindy Willing, PsyD
Mindy Willing asks Div. 37 members to consider her for president-elect.
- Task Force and Diversity Initiatives Member-at-Large Iheoma U. Iruka, PhD
Iheoma U. Iruka asks Div. 37 members to consider her for member-at-large.
- Task Force and Diversity Initiatives Mirian E. Ofonedu, PhD
Mirian E. Ofonedu asks Div. 37 members to consider her for member-at-large.