Section on Child Maltreatment Newsletter
A newsletter of Div. 37
September 2017 |Vol. 22, No. 2
By adapting to the culture and needs of policymakers, researchers can help shape policy concerning the health and well-being of children.
- Dynamics of abuse and disclosure for children with special needs
Developmentally supportive forensic interview protocols are needed to assist in obtaining disclosures of abuse from children with special needs.
By Courtney Palm and Amber McDonald, LCSW
- Status of federal policy action on children, youth and families and related resources – summer 2017
An update from the APA Public Interest-Government Relations Office (PI-GRO).
By Micah A. Haskell-Hoehl
Federal Policy Opportunities
Early Career Psychologist Column
- Spotlight on early career psychologists within the field of child maltreatment
The ECP column spotlights early career psychologists within the field of child maltreatment. Our current ECP is a great role model for members interested in a career within a direct care setting working with trauma-exposed youth.
- How to choose a research topic in the field of child maltreatment
Section student representatives offer their recommendations and share resources for how to write a research paper.
By Grace Bai and Jonathan Reader
Div. 37 Interview
Publications and Resources Corner
- Section members' recent projects and publications
Blog posts, newsletters, reports, journal articles, books or other publications or resources that might be of interest to our members.